There are several stories in Growing in God’s Love that are part of the Exodus story. This is a very important story of the Old Testament and still is important to people of Jewish faith. This is the story that is retold every year at Passover. It is a reminder that when things are hard, God is in the midst of them. The story is a reminder of who God is.
Growing in God’s Love – read the stories on pages 92; 94; 96; and 98
Words to Think About:
- Covenant – A promise between God and his people.
- Immigrants – When families move from one country to another.
- Genesis – The first book in the Bible. The first book in the Old Testament.
- Exodus – The second book in the Bible. The second book in the Old Testament.
- Slavery – The practice of people owning other people. The slave has no freedom to live as he/she wishes and must work for the owner.
- Old Testament – A library of books that happen before the birth of Jesus.
The animated story of the Book of Exodus
- Webale (Thank you) – Watoto Children’s Choir https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUMM9a0wjk
- The Beat of Your Love – Watoto Children’s Choir https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BURDJ6wdUTE
- God of Signs and Wonders – Watoto Children’s Choir
Learning Through Art /Crafts:
Moses parting the Red Sea https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c1/e6/64/c1e6643782ba9619644c250661d2de41.jpg
- Brown or orange paper for bottom of the Red Sea
- Blue paper for water
- Glue stick
- Fish stickers (optional)
- Stand up figures – templates
- Scroll down the website until you see Moses Parting of the Red Sea Craft instructions.
- Instructions: Stack the halves on top of each other and cut slits about 1-2″ wide along the side leaving 2-3″ at the other side.
- Continue with printed instructions on template downloads and suggestions for completing the craft.